Johnson PohHead of Data Science/Practice Leader for Big Data Analytics
Johnson is currently Head Data Science for Big Data Analytics at DBS Bank where he drives the development of core data science capabilities for enhancing decision analysis. He holds an adjunct faculty appointment at SMU School of Information Systems and his focus areas include applied statistical computing, machine learning as well as big data tools and techniques. He was formerly Chief Data Scientist, ASEAN at Booz Allen Hamilton as well as Head Data Science/ Principal Data Scientist at the Ministry of Defence, Singapore.
An avid programmer and data enthusiast, Johnson enjoys developing apps and data products. Most recently, he was awarded first prize in Singapore’s largest coding competition, Smart Nation Hackathon@SG 2015 as well as the CapitaLand Data Challenge 2016.
Johnson completed his bachelor’s degree at University of California, Berkeley, majoring in the subjects of Pure Mathematics, Statistics and Economics. He received his postgraduate degree in Statistics at Yale University.
9:00 AM Workshop A:Optimizing Machine Learning to Empower Business Units to Make Data-Driven Decisions
- Overview of machine learning application in businesses
- Building an IT infrastructure to collect, analyze and store data
- Collaborating with business functions to understand their needs and agree on right data sets to analyze
- Creating valuable predictive models with machine learning for your business
- Case studies and examples of machine learning application